2021/08/30 – Mississauga, ON – For more than a decade, Nissan has been a pioneer in mass-market electric vehicles with more than 500,000 LEAF vehicles sold globally and far more than 8 billion EV kilometres driven worldwide.
Now, the company is further demonstrating that commitment to mass-market electric cars, by lowering the MSRP of the all-electric 2022 LEAF to make it more accessible and provide even more value to customers than ever before.
- CHAdeMO Quick Charge Port standard across all grades
- ProPILOT Assist and Intelligent Around View Monitor is also standard on all models
The 2022 Nissan LEAF will go on sale with a starting MSRP of $37,498 for the LEAF SV (40kWh / up to 240km range)
- The 2021 is presently available for $44,298 on their website
- That’s a drop of $6,800!!
- Canadian Federal EV incentives will lower that by an additional $5,000
- Provincial (Quebec, New Brunswick and B.C.) will drop it by an additional $2,500-$8,000
“Nissan was the first automaker with a globally-available mass-market electric vehicle and we’re continuing in the tradition of making electric vehicles available to everyone,” said Ken Hearn, Director of Marketing at Nissan Canada. “With the amount of technology that LEAF offers, combined with new pricing, this is simply just an amazing value.”
The LEAF SV is equipped with a 40 kWh lithium-ion battery and 110-kW electric motor that delivers 147 horsepower, 236 lb-ft of torque and up to 240 kms of range
LEAF PLUS (extended-range) is offered in three trim levels – S PLUS, SV PLUS and SL PLUS and features:
- Larger-capacity 62-kWh lithium-ion battery
- More powerful 160 kW motor
- Producing 214 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque
- Increased Range: S PLUS – up to 363 kms
- SP PLUS and SL PLUS range – up to 349kms
Suggested Retail Prices (CDN) for the 2022 Nissan LEAF are:
LEAF SV – $37,498 2021 Price: $44,298
LEAF S PLUS – $40,098 2021 Price: $46,898
LEAF SV PLUS – $43,098 2021 Price: $49,898
LEAF SL PLUS – $46,098 2021 Price: $52,898
(+ Freight and PDE of $1,950)
Goes on sale: TBA
Every 2022 Nissan LEAF is offered with a limited lithium-ion battery warranty covering defects in materials or workmanship for 8 years or 160,000 kms, whichever comes first, for the battery pack.
Nissan also provides a limited warranty against battery capacity loss, below nine bars of capacity as shown on the vehicle’s battery capacity level gauge for the first 8 years or 160,000 kms for all models.
For more information about Nissan products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit nissan.ca. You can also follow them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all the latest videos on YouTube.
Copyright © 2021 by Iain Shankland. All rights reserved.
Text: Iain Shankland / Images: Nissan