Today Jeep lifted the lid on the All-New 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, a larger, more luxurious version of the current Cherokee – and an extra row of seats.
The large version Grand Cherokee has a wheelbase of 121.7 inches and a total length of 204.9 inches.
Inside, the Grand Cherokee L is considerably different from the standard Grand Cherokee, with an all-new dashboard that comes with an 8.4-inch touchscreen – an optional 10.1-inch touchscreen. Jeep’s latest UConnect 5 infotainment system featuring wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is standard. Also standard is a 10.3-inch digital instrument cluster that is configurable and can display a multitude of different configurations – including the vehicle’s night vision system.
In a vehicle of the size, the all-important cargo number are: 17.1 cu-ft of space behind the third row, 46.9 cu-ft when the third-row is folded flat. Folding the second-row, cargo space increases to 84.6 cu-ft.
Four variants will be offered…
- Laredo with a manually-adjustable leather-wrapped steering wheel, an 8.4-inch infotainment display, and 18-inch wheels.
- Limited gets leather upholstery, heated eight-way power driver’s seat, heated second-row seats, nine-speaker Alpine audio system, and optional 20-inch wheels.
- Overland has 20-inch wheels as standard, a two-speed active transfer case and an electronic limited-slip rear differential available with an off-road package.
- Summit is the most luxurious version and includes cooled front- and second-row seats, memory and massage front seats, a 19-speaker McIntosh audio system, Active Driving Assist, and a 10.1-inch infotainment display as standard.
- Pentastar 3.6-liter V6 engine rated at 290 hp and 257 lb-ft. of torque
- 7-liter Hemi V8 with 357 hp and 390 lb-ft. of torque
- Regardless of which engine an eight-speed automatic transmission comes standard
- Two-wheel drive is standard while four-wheel drive is an option
• Quadra-Lift adaptive air suspension system in standard mode provides 8.3-inches of ground clearance
• When the Off-Road 1 setting is enabled the ride height increases by 1.6 inches
• With the Off-Road 2 setting, the ride height increases by 2.4-inches
• There’s also an Aero mode that drops the ride height by 0.8 inches compared to the normal setting
Copyright © 2021 by Iain Shankland. All rights reserved.
Text: Iain Shankland / Images: Jeep