Windsor, Ontario, Sep 12, 2012 – Chrysler Canada announced today pricing for the two models of the all-new 2013 SRT Viper.
Chrysler Canada: Canadian Pricing for 2013 SRT Viper Models Announced
- Street and Racing Technology (SRT) brand’s flagship performance machine returns with more power and performance, superior craftsmanship, new technologies and creature comforts
- Two new models include SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS
- All-aluminum, mid-front 8.4-litre V10 engine delivers 640 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports car engine in the world
- Triple-digit weight reduction results in Viper best power-to-weight ratio
2013 SRT Viper
- The Canadian manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 2013 SRT Viper model is $99,995 (excluding destination)
- The SRT Viper offers a blend of extreme performance and a deliberate preservation of what has become the iconic DNA of the Viper to deliver a supercar that continues to bring the driver as close as possible to the machine
2013 SRT Viper GTS
- Canadian MSRP for the 2013 SRT Viper GTS model is $119,995 (excluding destination)
- The SRT Viper GTS builds on the DNA of the SRT Viper model with more technologically advanced solutions, like two-mode active suspension, to allow this world-class GTS to find new capabilities on the track while also opening up its envelope as a more premium and mature evolution of the classic, extreme performance formula
Under the hood of both models is the all-aluminum, mid-front 8.4-litre V10 engine that delivers 640 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports car engine in the world.
Both SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS models offer new interior and exterior designs incorporating premium materials. New exterior surfaces with aerodynamically functional details are beautifully integrated into the high-tech carbon fibre and aluminum skin, which helps produce a triple-digit weight reduction and a Viper best power-to-weight ratio.
On the inside, designers and engineers strived to rethink all touchpoints; and upgrade all material appointments and technologies.
Production of the iconic supercar will begin at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, Michigan (U.S.A.) – the home for Viper since 1995 – in November 2012.
The Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) brand uses a successful product development formula featuring five proven hallmarks: awe-inspiring powertrains; outstanding ride, handling and capability; benchmark braking; aggressive and functional exteriors and race-inspired and high-performance interiors to remain true to its performance roots.
The SRT lineup in the 2013 model year features five vehicles that are world-class performance contenders and bring the latest in safety technologies and creature comforts. The Chrysler 300 SRT8, Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, Dodge Charger SRT8 and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 are joined by the SRT flagship Viper and Viper GTS models which are making their highly anticipated return to the high-performance sports car market.
Copyright © 2012 by Iain Shankland. All rights reserved.
Also published at: Flagworld