All-new 2013 Dodge Dart Aero Model Delivers up to 4.8 L/100 km With the Award-winning 1.4-litre MultiAir® Turbo Engine and a Starting CDN MSRP of $19,795
Windsor, Ontario, Oct 4, 2012 – Chrysler Canada today announced pricing on its newest, most fuel-efficient Dodge model, the Dodge Dart Aero, which features a starting Canadian Manufacturers’ Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $19,795 (excluding destination).
Powered by the sporty, fun-to-drive and advanced 1.4-litre MultiAir Intercooled Turbo engine combined with several aerodynamic enhancements including lightweight aluminum chassis components, active grille shutters, underbody aero kit, a lowered profile and low-rolling-resistance tires, the Dodge Dart Aero model achieves an impressive 4.8 L/100 km on the highway with the six-speed manual and 4.9 L/100 km on the highway with the six-speed Dual Dry Clutch Transmission (DDCT).
“The all-new Dodge Dart is a groundbreaking vehicle, offering features and benefits never before offered in a compact car,” said Reid Bigland, President & CEO – Chrysler Canada and Dodge Brand. “The new Dart Aero builds on these attributes by combining a remarkable 4.8 L/100 km with interior room of a mid-size car and class-leading technology, style and safety, for only $19,795.”
The Dodge Dart Aero model also is packed with a slew of standard features, such as the 1.4-litre MultiAir Intercooled Turbo engine, an unsurpassed 10 standard airbags, four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, electronic stability control, cruise control, auto headlamps, air conditioning with micron filter, power windows and locks, power mirrors, remote keyless entry, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls and projector headlamps. High-tech features, including the class-exclusive 8.4-inch touchscreen media centre are available on the Dodge Dart Aero.
Loaded with innovative technology, class-leading safety features and clever functionality, the 2013 Dodge Dart sets a new standard in the compact car segment by offering unmatched personalization, roominess, style, functionality and fun-to-drive dynamics, all starting at a Canadian MSRP of just $15,995.
Chrysler Canada: All-New Dodge Dart Named IIHS Top Safety Pick
• Scored maximum possible rating in every IIHS Top Safety Pick test
• More than 60 available safety and security features, including 10 standard-equipment air bags – unsurpassed in the Dart’s segment
• 68-percent high-strength-steel ratio among highest in industry
• 12th Chrysler Group vehicle to earn 2012 Top Safety Pick designation
Windsor, Ont. , Oct 3, 2012 – The all-new Dodge Dart, with its 10 standard-equipment airbags and one of the auto industry’s highest content-ratios of high-strength steel, has been named a 2012 Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
The first product born of Chrysler Group LLC’s alliance with Fiat S.p.A. recorded the maximum possible rating in each of the four crash tests used by the IIHS to evaluate occupant protection, the primary attribute of a Top Safety Pick. The 2013 Dart achieved a score of “good” in tests that simulate rollover, rear-, side- and moderate-overlap frontal-impacts.
The IIHS rating scale comprises grades of good, acceptable, marginal and poor.
“We had high expectations for the Dart and our engineers delivered,” says Reid Bigland, Dodge-brand President and CEO and Head of U.S. Sales. “Since its launch, the 2013 Dodge Dart has consistently outperformed in the area of fuel efficiency, technology, value for the money and now safety. It is truly a groundbreaking new car.”
Top Safety Pick is the highest safety honor bestowed by the IIHS. “Winners afford buyers the best overall protection in four of the most common kinds of crashes, and help them avoid crashes altogether with electronic stability control,” says IIHS President Adrian Lund.
Chrysler Group’s new compact sedan was engineered with a class-leading total of safety and security features — more than 60 — to ensure peace of mind. The Dart’s safety story starts with a solid structure: high-strength-steel comprises 68 percent of the car’s body, one of the highest ratios in the industry.
Ten standard-equipment, advanced-design airbags further improve occupant protection. Every Dodge Dart comes equipped with:
• Dual-stage, adaptive, venting airbags for the driver and front-seat passenger,
• Front-seat-mounted pelvic and thorax airbags for driver and passenger,
• Two rear-seat-mounted pelvic airbags,
• Knee airbags for driver and front-seat passenger,
• Two curtain airbags designed to protect front and rear passengers on both sides of the car
Equally important to Dart customers are its technologies that deliver accident-avoidance capability, such as:
• Electronic stability control (ESC)
• Electronic roll mitigation
• Traction control
• Standard four-wheel, four-channel anti-lock disc brakes
• Electronic brake-force distribution
• Blind-spot monitoring
• Rear cross-path detection
The Dart joins 11 Chrysler Group vehicles previously awarded an IIHS Top Safety Pick designation for 2012. They are: the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs; Dodge Journey and Jeep Patriot cross/utility vehicles; Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country minivans; Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 full-size sedans; Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200 mid-size sedans; and the Fiat 500 minicar.
The 2012 Top Safety Pick is the most recent accolade aimed at the Dart. Others include:
• Top 10 Cars of the 2012 North American International Auto Show (Kelley Blue Book)
• Editors’ Choice Award/Most Significant Vehicle at 2012 NAIAS (Autoweek)
• The 25 Most Anticipated Cars of 2012 (Complex Media)
• Seven Hottest New Cars at the 2012 NAIAS (Vanity Fair Magazine)
• Eight Great American Cars to Spend a Tax Refund On (AutoTrader.com)
• Most Significant Vehicle at Atlanta International Auto Show (Greater Atlanta Automotive Media Assn.)
• Ward’s 10 Best Interiors for 2012 (WardsAuto.com)
• Compact Car of Texas (Texas Auto Writers Assn.)
• Best Value (Texas Auto Writers Assn.)
• Best New Feature — Thin Film Transistor (TFT) Display (Texas Auto Writers Assn.)
• 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000 (Consumer Guide Automotive)
• 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000 (Kbb.com)
• Top 10 New Cars for 2013 (Total Car Score)
• Most Important New Cars for 2013 List (Washington Post)
About the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
The IIHS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing deaths, injuries and property damage that result from crashes on the nation’s roads. Its research focuses on three main areas: human factors, or preventing crashes by changing driver behavior; vehicle factors, or reducing deaths and injuries by improving vehicle design; and environmental factors, or changing roadway design, signs and signals to reduce crashes.
Copyright © 2012 by Iain Shankland. All rights reserved.
Also published at: Flagworld